Probate: It’s All in the Details
When a loved one passes away, the last thing you might want to think about is managing their estate, but there are some things that need to be taken care of quickly, including funeral, burial and memorial arrangements; care for minors, elderly and pets dependent on the decedent for care; notifying family, friends, employers; and arranging for an obituary in the local paper.
Grief may last a long time, but at some point you will be able to deal with the business affairs of your loved one. When that time comes, we can help you through the difficult and often confusing task of taking care of your loved one’s final affairs.
Proper guidance through this process will steer you away from the common pitfalls that often trap family members after a loved one has died
How Does Stone Law Help With Probate?
- Meet monthly to discuss questions, concerns and issues regarding financial affairs of the decedent.
- Help protect and oversee assets.
- Guidance on choices for retirement assets.
- Assist in clearing title on any real property.
- Determine Estate Tax owed, file tax returns.
- Open probate if necessary and walk you through the process.
- Negotiate any claims made against the decedent’s estate. Resolve any disputes.
- Keep all beneficiaries informed.
- Ensure accuracy so you will not have to revisit any issues later.
This is only a brief summary of what we can do for you through the process of probate and estate administration. Every situation and estate is different. Call us to arrange a time to talk about how we can help guide you through this difficult time.